Get Axl For Our Wedding

We're having a wedding celebration in July 2006 and for the party we want one thing only -- a performance by Axl Rose!

Monday, May 01, 2006

Letter #7

Dear Mr. Mercuriadis/Mr. Weitzman

I'm writing again to ask Axl Rose to perform at my wedding celebration.

I realize Axl is a busy guy in the next few months – I’ve read about fresh Guns N’ Roses tour dates in New York to Europe, and the accompanying rehearsing and planning will be a lot of work I’m sure. Frankly, I’m excited about it, and I hope to see the new album soon (as well as tour dates in San Francisco!). But on another level of excitement, far above tingling anticipation on a level more like full-fledged, unadulterated craving, I really really really really hope that Axl can swing by my wedding celebration on July 29 in Napa.

Again, this would be a PR coup for Axl. Playing my wedding celebration not only would be extremely cool, but it would be something the millions of Axl fans out there could relate to. Many of them, like me, grew up with Axl; many of them, like me, are now moving on to the point of women-marrying and family-beginning, and reading about Axl showing up to a fan’s wedding (or watching the related MTV special) might very well touch them in that sensitive, manager’s dream area where they’ll immediately want to go out and buy the new album, concert tickets, and plenty of concessions in support of such a cool customer.

I have good news to report on the music situation at my wedding celebration: we WILL have a reggae band! Joselito Manekin, my roommate from my semester in Spain way back in 2000, is now the keyboardist on a DC-area reggae band called John Stone (http://www.johnstonereggae.com). Of course, they’re more than willing to share the stage with Axl, or clear off altogether if Axl brings the rest of GNR to the party. I’ve seen Axl get reggaelicious on “Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door” in those concert movies in Japan; maybe he could reggaefy some of the new material? Either way, it should be a blast.

Finally, I went ahead and downloaded the “Welcome to the Jungle” ringtone for my phone. Just imagine: I’m sitting at work when the phone rings “Welcome to the Jungle” and it’s Axl, offering to play my wedding celebration. Does life get any better?

Best,

Matt Stewart

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home